STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
- Confidentiality will be maintained in all but the most exceptional circumstances.
- These can only include: legal action (criminal or civil court cases where a court order is made demanding disclosure- includes coroners' courts) and where there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger of serious harm to yourself and/or the therapist (Fiona Nicolson) or others. Most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based on the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of 'greater good'.
- I have an obligation under my membership of the NCH to continue my professional learning and development and therefore I may share case histories with my supervisors and peer-support groups. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer-support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality. The sharing of open case histories with any referring NHS medical practitioner is also not a breach.
- Your contact information will not be released to third parties without your permission.
TYPES OF INFORMATION HELD & REASONS FOR HOLDING IT To make and arrange sessions and to manage updates of information
- I will keep your contact details as per Therapy Agreement, namely your name, address, phone number and email address plus next of kin and your doctors contact details
- I will keep your texts and emails
- I will keep records of your session dates
TYPES OF INFORMATION HELD & REASONS FOR HOLDING IT To follow and manage your progress
- I will keep records of the pertinent information from each session concerning your outcomes, problems, emotional responses, life events, improvements and responses to treatment, plus whatever other information I deem useful to achieve a result for you.
- This information is kept in an anonymised form in addition to only being on encrypted devices.
- The information will be kept on various computers and cloud servers but always in encrypted and anonymised form.
- I may keep records of your IAPT measures including GAD7 (anxiety), PHQ9 (depression) and SWEMWBS (optimism).
- All paper records are destroyed.
- Unless you ask for this information to be deleted after treatment, I will keep the information for 8 years, in accordance with advice from the CNCH in order that I can assist you for future appointments, but also to have the necessary information for any HMCR enquiries.
- You have the right to complain to the ICO at any time if you believe I have not kept your data appropriately or have breached this agreement with you.
I may, from time to time, use your contact information to send you infrequent articles, newsletters and information concerning workshops, talks and events that I may offer. You may unsubscribe or be asked to be removed at any time. This contact data may be held via a third-party mailing provider (such as Mailchimp or other service with strong data protection provisions).
Cookies cannot be used to launch programs or transfer viruses to a computer. Using the information contained in cookies we are able to facilitate navigation for you and enable the correct display of our web pages.
We will under no circumstances pass on the data we collect to third parties or, without your consent, create a link to personal data.
If you contact us by e-mail or via the contact form, the information you provide will be stored for the purposes of processing the request and for possible follow-up questions.
Any data that you submit using the contact form or email will be held by Fiona Nicolson as Data Controller and will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 before being securely and confidentially destroyed (unless you have consented to joining our mailing list in which case your contact details will be removed only when you unsubscribe).
Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent or as otherwise allowed by the relevant Data Protection legislation and will only be used for responding to your query (or purposes associated with that purpose).
You have the right to be informed about what data we hold about you along with other rights set out in the legislation. Further information about your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at www.ico.org.uk
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (hereinafter: Google). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of our website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Because IP anonymisation has been activated on this website, your IP address will, however, be truncated by Google beforehand within Member States of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating how you use the website, compiling reports on website activities and providing further services related to website and Internet usage to the website operator. The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be associated with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. However, we would like to point out that if you do so, it may not be possible for you to make use of the full scope of all this website’s functions. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie and related to your usage of this website (including your IP address) from being transmitted to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available through the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.